· 24 hour alert after the stream, as usual!
· Double Affinity weekend has begun and will be live until Jan 28 at 9pm EST! https://forums.warframe.com/topic/911380-all-tenno-jan-26-28-double-affinity-weekend/
· The Prime Vault opens on February 6 with Loki, Ember, and Frost prime! As you know we try and do 2 vaults a year that grow in size to reflect the number of vaulted Primes, but we’ve heard your feedback about this system and are looking to improve the unvaulting system a bit. So Baro might be your source of vaulted content in the future, with Volt Prime and Odonata Prime being use as two examples!
· Our Gif of the Lotus Contest is now live! Enter here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/912251-new-contest-gif-of-the-lotus/
TennoCon 2018 is officially confirmed and will be happening on July 7, 2018 in London Ontario, Canada! We hope to see you there, Tenno! Tickets will go on sale later this year.
TennoGen Round 11
The second batch of our TennoGen mega-round will be released next week. For a full look at what’s coming, we compiled a list for you below:
· Octavia Diva Skin
· Oberon Wendingo Skin
· Harrow Graxx Skin
· Excalibur Corpra Skin
· Trinity Knightess Skin
· Saryn Velenosa Skin
· Inaros Kephri Helmet
· Corona Syandana
· Tonaca Syandana
· Diva Polearm Skin
· Tengoken Heavy Blade Skin
Vauban Deluxe Skin
Vauban will also be getting his own Deluxe Skin, concepted by Eric Vedder, the artist behind the Chroma Dynasty Skin!
Here’s a look at his concept:
Nezha Deluxe Skin
Concepted by our amazing community artist and TennoGen creator Liger Inuzuka, Nezha will be getting his own Deluxe Skin! The flames are artistic representation and will be actual FX in-game. You can watch the live-sculpt of this skin starting from this timestamp on YouTube.
Octavia Deluxe Skin Collection
We first revealed Octavia’s Deluxe skin in Devstream 98, the concept of which you can see here. In her hand you can see the reskinned version of her Roller as well.
Below is a look at our progress on her:
We were joined on the couch today by Skyers, the man behind Khora’s design! With him he brought a breakdown of how her concept changed over the 2 years he had been working on her, which you can see below:
Like many other Warframes, Khora will be coming with weapons. While originally intended to be a polearm (you can see the initial model here), she will now be coming with swords. Although Geoff has promised that both weapons will be making it into the game at some point.
Staying on theme, she also has her very own Dart Gun, which you can see in action! Her alt fire will allow her to change between elemental damage types on the fly. At the beginning of this clip, you can also see part of her idle animation:
After the surprise debut of the rideable Dargyn’s in Devstream 104, the team wanted to offer a polished look at the new vehicle that will be available in the Plains.
Those of you who have been playing Warframe for a while should be familiar with our Dex line of weapons and cosmetics. These are released every year in March for our anniversary for free, and we decided to up the ante for the official 5th anniversary of Warframe with a Dexcalibur Skin:
The Grineer have gotten a lot of love over the past little while, and we realized it was time to do the same for our profit-obsessed friends. For the sake of space, we’ve featured one of the new helmet designs below, but you can see all three in this imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/GJE6w
We’re visiting the Operator suit model to allow for clear division of pieces (see the new seams) so you can mix and match different suit styles with ease. This might also open the door to Operator TennoGen!
With this in place, we will be looking into the possibility of longer hairstyles for Operators. Once we have a better idea if this is possible, we’ll update you all in a future Devstream!
New Lighting System
Working on a new lighting system this year since our old one is no longer supported by Autodesk. This shouldn’t come with increased performance requirements for those concerned. Here’s a quick render of what this might look like:
· Volt Cloth Physics – being worked on but no ETA.
· Looking to update Ballas and the Lotus’ mesh.
· Mynki was the original Sentient designer and Keith Thompson has been concepting some as well!
· There’s still room in the future for Volt Deluxe Skins. We’re reaching the point where all Warframes will eventually have their own Deluxe Skin which means we might be doubling up
Octavia is getting a new Instrument pack!
Steve also teased that an event is coming to the Plains of Eidolon sometime in the future with its own custom enemy. We didn’t get the opportunity to show something on stream, but here’s a peek for our loyal overview readers:
THE REMOTE OBSERVER – VOL 20.5
Here’s a look at what came to Warframe on PC and on Console that you should know about, or that you might have missed:
PC – WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Plains of Eidolon
· Added a reusable Blueprint for converting Intact Sentient Cores to Exceptional Sentient Cores. This Blueprint is available from Onkko in Cetus.
· The Teralyst has a new purple shield bar that will appear overtop its health bar until depleted.
· Bounties are now Mastery Rank tiered!
· Added Time of Day text to the Free Roam node for the Plains of Eidolon!
· Eidolon Lures now follow both Warframe or Operator rather than just the Warframe. The Lure will also now teleport to the player it’s following if/when it gets too far away/stuck.
UI and UX
· Added filters to the Fish inventory screen at Fisher Hai-Luk’s shop (Small, Medium, Large).
· You can now decide to only allow friend invites from certain groups (All, Friends of Friends, etc).
· You can now see how many of a given Mod you own if you click it through Chat Linking!
· Added a Settings options for enabling/disabling hit sounds.
Vay Hek Changes
· You can now damage Vay Hek up to 25% of his total Health (was 10% previously) while his Propaganda Drone is active before it shuts off.
· Reduced base Armor of Vay Hek in his Terra Frame from 225 to 200.
Ghoul Bounty Changes
· Ghoul Lore Fragments are simply way more likely to drop within Bounties now and can drop from Ghouls themselves.
· Ghoul Bounty tables have received new items including Nitain, Cetus Wisps, and Breath of the Eidolon!
CONSOLES – WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
· We have added shared pool capacity!
· The costs of unlocking nodes across all trees have, on average, been reduced by almost 30%.
· Archwing can now be deployed in Captura!
· Added a Depth of Field toggle in Captura! As opposed to the current Depth of Field slider, the toggle will completely turn it on or off.
Plains of Eidolon
· Added custom Bait throwing animation.
· You can now throw Pharoma and Luminous Dye like Bait!
· Dye, Pharoma and Bait now only work within a certain radius around its casting point. Any player fishing within the radius around this casting point will benefit from its effects.
· Made performance and memory optimizations to the Plains of Eidolon and other tilesets. If you were experiencing crashes before, we hope that these changes will be the fix!
· A single Vomvalyst in its energy-form near multiple Lures will now only feed a charge to a single Lure. However, to improve overall survivability of the Lures, we have changed Eidolon Lures to always spawn at level 30 regardless of Bounty level or distance from the gate.
Gara Mass Vitrify Changes:
· Mass Vitrify is no longer invulnerable and now has sections that break off and explode as it absorbs incoming damage. The amount of damage absorbed scales with Power Strength and Armor. Explosion damage scales with Power Strength.
· Mass Vitrify no longer has a duration and remains until recast, destroyed from damage, or smashed with Shattered Lash.
Gara is still relatively new as far as Warframes are concerned but since her release, we’ve found (and many players have found) that an invulnerable and almost impenetrable barrier doesn’t allow for a very engaging gameplay experience. We know that other Warframes also have Powers with similar issues, but adding a shattering component to Mass Vitrify is a change we could easily implement that is consistent with Gara’s glass theme while also making Mass Vitrify more interactive.
With these new changes, we can tweak the absorption and explosion values as necessary to make sure Mass Vitrify is both fun and effective. Please keep your feedback constructive and let us know what you think after you’ve had a chance to test these new changes. We do plan on changing this soon!